The PAX screen is actually a solid plate with a screen-like pattern; no actual holes. The design allows for maximum heat transfer and channels vapor around the scalloped edges as you draw on the device.
How should I insert the screen in the oven?
Correct placement of the screen will greatly impact the quality of vapor. Try this:
- First, always be sure the oven is cool before removing the screen.
- Hold your PAX so that the oven is facing up towards you.
- Place one corner of the screen in the end of the oven furthest away from the vapor path's opening.
- Lay the other end in loosely so it sits high above the opening to the vapor path.
- Press firmly down in the center of the screen, so that it curves in the middle.
- The screen should lock right in place.
- After inserting, flip your PAX over and tap the sides. If the screen stays put then you're good to go!
Can I soak the oven screen?
While your PAX is charging, or whenever else is convenient, soak the oven screen (and mouthpiece) in isopropyl alcohol. This will save you some elbow grease as time does the work for you!
- Afterwards, ensure the screen is free of accumulated buildup, particularly around the edges where vapor is channeled.