The Get Clean Shampoo temporarily relieves unwanted nicotine metabolites in your hair. Nicotine metabolites are circulated throughout the body via the blood stream and absorbed by the hair through the environment. Wet hair, and hair treated with styling gel are especially susceptible to environmental contamination (second hand smoke). When nicotine is ingested the blood feeds the hair while it is in the growth stage. As the hair is formed the metabolites are trapped inside the hair follicle.
During the nicotine test procedure, a hair sample is clipped from the back of the head near the scalp by the examiner. Once sent to a laboratory the hair is dissolved with organic solvents. Once in a liquid solution, the metabolites are freed from within the hair follicle. An extraction is performed on the liquid and nicotine metabolites are removed. Once the nicotine metabolites are isolated a GC/MS is performed just like with urinalysis testing.
The Get Clean shampoo works by coating the hair with an organic film much like a conditioner. When the examiner removes the hair sample the shampoo bound to the hair goes with it. Once the hair is dissolved, the residual left by the shampoo is free to interact with the nicotine metabolites, which had been trapped in the hair follicle, temporarily reducing the metabolites.
- Shake the bottle well before each use.
- Massage ½ of the bottle into scalp and out to ends of hair. Be sure to cover all hair, especially on the back of your neck.
- Cover with a shower cap; continue to massage scalp periodically.
- Let stand in hair for 30 minutes.
- Repeat the above with remainder of the bottle.
- DO NOT RINSE shampoo out until after the hair sample has been removed.
- Get Clean Shampoo is effective for 4-5 hours before the blood stream puts nicotine metabolites back into the hair. Product Warnings: For External Use Only. This product is not intended for use on lawfully administered drug tests and is to be used in accordance with all federal and state laws. Current nicotine testing cut-off standards of 0.1ng, effectively a "0 tolerance" level, has caused the guarantee on this product to be withdrawn.